If you don't have a Google Tag Manager account already, you can create one for free at Google Tag Manager.
In this guide we will go through how to install the two different types of conversion pixels in Google Tag Manager.
Install the Match2One conversion pixel with order value
Make sure that you’ve installed Google Tag Manager plugin for your Webshop. This is needed for transferring order value to the data layer in Google Tag Manager
2. In Google Tag Manager, select preview mode. Open a new tab in your web browser and go to your conversion page on your website
3. Choose Data Layer tab in the Google Tag Manager console at the bottom. You’ll see something like this:
4. In this example the order value is $40. In the data layer you see that the variable corresponding to this amount is named “transactionTotal”. The name of the variable may be different for your Webshop
5. Copy the name of the variable that has the conversion value. In this case transactionTotal
6. Return to Google tag manager. In the left menu select Variables
Press New button to create a new variable.
7. Name your variable in the top left input field. You can call it for example “order_value”
8. Click the Pen Icon -> Select Data Layer Variable
9. Paste the name you copied from your conversion page into the Data Layer Variable Name field -> hit Save
Install the Match2One conversion pixel
1. Copy the standard script
2. Go to tagmanager.google.com, log in to your account and select the container for your website
3. Select Add a new tag
4. Select Tag configuration
5. Select Custom HTML Tag
6. Paste the script you copied earlier into the HTML text area in Google tag manager
7. Scroll down and click triggering
8. Click the "+" icon to add a trigger -> Click trigger configuration
9. Select Page view -> Some page views
10. Enter a URL or part of a URL that is unique to your conversion page -> hit Save
11. Name your trigger and click Save, then hit Save once again
12. Also name your tag and Save -> hit Publish -> hit Publish once again
13. Optionally you can add a description, or Skip this step
Conversion with order value Part 3 - Test & publish
1. Refresh the preview mode
2. Go to your website tab and refresh it. Go to your conversion page again. In GTM console at the bottom, choose your Match2One tag and you should see the value with your actual purchase value. In this example: “other=40”
3. If everything is working properly, publish your changes in Google Tag Manager by hitting Publish -> and Publish again (optionally you can add a description, or skip this step)
Want to install the conversion pixel with order value?
Also make sure to install Match2One Segment tracking: